I was nominated for the Liebster award by Andrea from Morethanrubies.ca. THANK YOU, Andrea! :) On her blog there are book reviews (bookworms, a place for you to discover new reads!), inspirational posts regarding faith and everyday life, beauty product favourites reviews and crazy delicious looking food recipes. After reading this post, go check out her blog and share some love! :)
Liebster award basically is not an award :D but a fun “chain post” said to help getting to know new bloggers. Here is a source I found helpful understanding what the Liebster award really is.
So, how it works. Blogger who nominated me asks 10 questions which I answer. Then I make up different questions, nominate other bloggers and they answer my questions.
But for you, dear readers, this is a way to get to know me better. Like a magazine interview. ;) Yeah, I like to think big. :D
Andrea’s questions for me
1. What is the meaning behind your blog name? Firstly, Andrea, great question! :) Lookforsmile has two meanings.
First meaning -When I first started blogging I was inspired by fashion blogs I read, so “look” meant the way we look from outside, so Look for smile meant “Looking/wearing clothes that make me happy aka make me (and others) smile”.
Second meaning – “look” means “searching” aka “searching for smile” or finding and blogging about things/events etc. that make me (and hopefully readers) smile.
For fun – some of the other ideas I had for the blog name. :O Most of them are ridiculous! :D
.2. Why did you start your blog? I always have been a writting enthusiast, I like expressing myself in written words. And I also love beautiful photography. And I love to create. It just made sense to put my passions together and create something for others to see too. Also I always wish that with writting this blog I can put something good in this World, help others understand themselves through my thoughts and experience, and advice. Or just help someone feel a little bit more happier.
Also I wanted to say that my no.1 inspiration for starting my own blog was Catherine from Notdressedaslamb.com. Even though I am not writting a pure fashion blog, something on her blog made me wanna start my own almost 3 years ago now. :)
3. What simple things make you smile? Outdoors. Sunshine. Connecting with friends (you know that feeling when you feel sooo happy because you have friends who understand you and and it feels like everything will be fine?). But to be honest, most likely I don’t smile about little things, they just give me that happy feeling, maybe it breaks into a smile, I don’t know. :D
4. Where did you go on your last trip/vacation? Oh my, haven’t had any great trips in a while sadly. :D I’ve had a few little ones though, like bikeride to near town Jurmala etc. :)
5. What would you like to be remembered for? Loaded question. :D Person, who made others feel happy/content/inspired by my example or after conversations we had.
6. If money was not an issue, where would you love to travel to? Everywhere. I am not almost kidding. ;) I am only scared of jungle because I really don’t enjoy snakes (expecially as I know there are “flying” (they jump from tree to tree) ones and poisonous, and deadly ones). I don’t enjoy poisonous spiders and bugs too. Brr. But other than that.. Ok, places –
- Machu Picchu;
- Hystorical Egypt (Pyramids etc);
- USA (New York, San Francisco, Great canyon and other nature places I don’t know about :) );
- Camino de Santiago;
- Like every country in Europe :D starting with the popular ones – Spain, France, Italy (Rome!) and so on;
- Tatras (Zakopane);
- Hiking in Alps (Switzerland, Germany, Austria);
- Polar Circle;
- Australia, New Zealand;
- Elephants in Africa (I love elephants! Don’t know why :D );
- Places in Africa I don’t know about and few I know, like Niagara falls;
- Abu Dhabi.
Ah, this is just scracthing the surface of the World. I know there are plenty awesome things and places to see even not leaving Europe. I love exploring! Too bad I don’t do it that much. :/
7. Where is your happy place? Where my BF is. And also outside, being on an adventure, little ones and bigger ones. EXPLORING! And sometimes watching Tv series too. ;)
8. If you could do anything, what would be your dream job? Organizing educational seminars/lectures/workshops etc. Also working on a New Age educational system that focuses on helping people (expecially when they are young) understand and discover themselves and others; and on making studying process more interesting, exciting and encouraging.
9. Describe yourself in 3 words. Optimistic, Empathic, Tougher than I look.
10. What is your favourite food? Pizza, sushi, ice cream, cherries with whipped cream, Latvian almost traditional food – “Herring in coat” salad (pickled herring, boiled beets, potatoes, carrots, eggs,onions, sour cream, mayonnaise – I believe it should sound yucky when reading the ingredients :D), Cold marinated-beet soup (again speciality from Latvia I guess :D marinated beets, potatoes, eggs, cucumbers, dills, spring onions and other fresh vegetables with kefir).
Thanks for reading and getting to know me better! :) Please, answer a question of your choice in the comments. I wanna know you better too! :)
The “rules” for next nominees. :)
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions asked to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate five to 11 new bloggers.
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
- Once your blog is published, let the nominees know they’ve been nominated.
(Hope you guys haven’t been nominated yet :) )
Ida from Agirlofsomeimportance.com (Honest, open and interesting blog. When reading Ida’s posts, I feel like talking to a friend. She covers fashion, lifestyle and mental health topics.)
Martha Jane from Marthajanemusic.com (Sincere and honest blog containing posts about life situations we all can relate to, awesome personal style and great photos.)
Piia from Bowtiediary.com (Beautiful fashion and personal style blog written by a girl from my neighbor country Estonia.)
Anne from Annesmiles.com (positive vibes coming from this blog! Loaded with smiles (suprise, suprise), fitness inspiration, staying healthy and food posts.)
Shannon from Onthelists.com (Pink, fun and cute-feminine blog. :) Not only that – you will also find interesting reads and useful tips!)
It is up to you, of course, will you participate. :) But if you do, please, let me know when your blogpost is up, so I can read the answers! :)
My questions for you to answer:
1. What’s the craziest thing you have ever done?
2. How many and what languages do you speak?
3. To which country or place in this World are you drawn to with no reason at all? Or what culture/place/country you really admire.
4. Are you old fashioned? Nevertheless, what’s your favourite era?
5. What hobbies do you have now and what hobbies/outside school activities did you have when growing up?
6. Which is your most “liked” picture on instagram? Why do you think it is so? And if you don’t use instagram, why not? :)
7. In a few words, how does your friends describe you? (you can choose have many friends you ask :) )
8. What is the one (or more) things your friends/people you know ask you to help with?
9. What’s your perfect lifestyle you would love to live? Maybe you are living it already?
10. What’s the meaning behind your blog name and how you came up with it? (I’m sorry Andrea, I wanna steal this question from you, I really liked it :) And I wanna know about others’ blog names too :) )