Helloo, you awesome human being! :) Sweet Antonia from Sweet passions nominated me for the Blogger recognition award. As with the Liebster award, this is not a real award (What a shame!!) but a chain-post where bloggers tag each other and answer some question and pass on the torch to other bloggers.
Even though this is not my regular content, hope you will enjoy it and find something useful or interesting! :)
Sooo, here we go!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
By the way, 15 bloggers?? That’s enormous number, but ok. :D I don’t know if I will be able to carry out that point. :D
Thank you, Antonia, for nominating! Very nice of you. :) As mentioned above, Antonia writes for a blog Sweet passions and she is a very positive, easy going and interesting person who is from an exciting country Croatia in Europe.
How my blog started. It was 2014, Summer after I finished my Biology studies. I took that summer free of work and obligations because I was SOOOO exhausted from the studies. Every morning I started with scrolling through Catherine’s blog Not dressed as lamb and I really enjoyed it and started to like the concept of a blog. That summer I came up with my blog name, made separate e-mail and registered the domain (that time it was lookforsmile.blogspot.com and you can still find there my old posts :) ). Aaand that was the very beginning!! Half a year later I registered the domain I have now and started working on the blog more seriously (but still not seriously enough ;) ). P.S. If you want to know more on WHY I started this blog and HOW I chose this blog name, pop over to my Liebster award post! (after reading this one, of course ;) )
Advice for new bloggers
SEO are 3 letters you should know. By this time I think almost all bloggers are familiar with SEO, but I have some advice in the SEO section you might find useful.
- Make all your outgoing links rel=”nofollow”. Why? I know that much – it is good for your page and helps it to be more authoritative on google. Please, read more somewhere else. :)
- Rename all your pictures with titles that describe your post or the picture. DO NOT leave them named IMG_20198. Again, good for SEO and finding in google.
- Resize your pictures in tinypng.com! The ‘lighter’ your blog is, the better! Tinypng gently compresses your pictures not losing the quality.
End your blogpost with a question for readers. I know a lot of bloggers do that and maybe those who don’t, don’t like that style, but I like it! I like it because it is so much easier to leave a comment on a blog post that has a question and also it shows that you care about your readers and wanna know more about them as well.
I nominate (Oh, gosh, the moment of truth, can I find 15 bloggers who blogs I like and who MIGHT be interested in doing this??):
Silvia from Style reflection
Izzi from Just Belle
Endi from Endi’s World
Andrea from More than Rubies
Elise from Zekalin
Kira from Seasonal-Rose
Annabelle from Alonglifesite
Stephanie from Wanderlust pulse
Ella from Ella Ryder
Sophie from May Beauty Trend
Ok, so, I will go with 10 bloggers, it is quite a lot anyway. :) Ladies, if (I mean when ;) ) you do this recognition award, please, let me know, so I can go and read, and comment, and share it!
Thanks for reading and if I didn’t tag you but you really wanna go for it, please, do it, don’t be shy! :)
Let’s stay in touch! FOLLOW Lookforsmile blog everywhere else online. :)
Tweet this post!⤵
(You can edit the text after “click to tweet”. The link will show up with a nice preview, so your tweet looks yummy! :) )